Friday, November 30, 2007

Arrival

After a very long night and day of driving I've finally landed in Pittsburgh, its Friday night and it is too late to unpack my things so Kalem and I are in a hotel for the night. We stopped just before the New Jersey / Pennsylvania border at a *lovely* little motel and slept for a few hours because we were both completely exhausted. So after four hours of sleep and lunch at Panera we were back on the road and by the time we got to Somerset we realized that it was going to be too late to move in to my new place, so after poaching wireless internet from a hotel in Somerset I booked a room at a decent hotel in GreenTree on Priceline.com. On the way to the hotel I picked up my friend Justin and he stayed with us. It was really great to see himand it was interesting to see how he and Kalem interacted. I wasn't worried about it, I was just curious as to how it would all pan out.

Ryan G is still upset about not being able to help me move and it seems I can't get it in to his head that it isn't a big deal. He hurt is back and isn't able to sit in the car for hours on end, but he and his partner will be coming out to see me in early February so that will be good. There's also a chance that Ryan E. and Kalem will be out in early January to go to a Rufus Wainwright concert with me here in the city. Still no word yet on whether or not I'll be home for Christmas but i'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: