Thursday, July 17, 2008

Urban Wildlife Interzone

I live in the city and work in the suburbs, so as I’m on my way to work driving outbound the rest of the world is driving inbound. So while driving to work this morning I noticed a few things about my fellow commuters. I witnessed some dipshit multitasking on his way in to the city. He was shaving, reading the newspaper and talking on his cell phone all while “driving.”

The other day I also realized that I hate the fact that I have to go to a park to find green space. I live in an apartment building- the back yard consists of the concrete pad where the dumpster rests and where the Port Authority light rail commuter train cuts through my neighborhood. The front yard consists of a sidewalk. The other day I saw a wild rabbit hopping down the sidewalk and I wondered “where the hell does it live?”

No comments: