Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back to Work

Today was my first day back to work following my back injury a week and a half ago. I'm quite sure that if I had another day off I would have lost my mind. I have been so damned bored since I've been out of work.

So, a couple of months ago I had a call that just irritated the crap out of me. This dude in his 50s has his wife call 911 at 0630hrs with a complaint of "unable to sleep." We roll up to his house, and I'm doing my assessment and the patient reports "I can't sleep, I ache all over, my doctor put me on Prozac and I took it for 12 days but it didn't work so i stopped."
So, naturally, I asked, "Did your doctor explain to you that it can take up to four to six weeks for the Prozac to start working?" And of course the patient uttered back "Yeah, he told me that, but its been 12 days already, I should feel better right?" At this point my EMT-B partner decides that this one will go BLS "Sir, where are your shoes? Lets go."

No comments: