Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My bad-ass brother-in-law

This article ran in the Denver Post the other day as a profile of my brother-in-law, 1st Sergeant Rick Tufts. Recently when a friend asked "Does it make you feel good when someone tells you 'Thank you' or does it matter?"
Rick looked him in the eye and said "It's my job, its just a job. I do this so my son won't have to. You don't have to thank me."

1st Sgt. Tufts is a local boy turned decorated soldier who is soon to return to Iraq for the third time. It isn't something that he wants to do, but like he says its part of his job. Despite it being part of the job I know it kills him to be away from his family- Rick is the type of man who would do anything for his wife & son. Over the years my sister has adapted from the role of soldier's wife and now to the role of 1st Sergeant's wife and she and the rest of her & Rick's extended family couldn't be prouder of his accomplishments.

No comments: