Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good Riddance

Okay, I know its kind of corny to post song lyrics here but I'm doing it anyway
My good friend Ryan E would turn up the radio and make me sing with him whenever this song came on in the car. I said bye to him tonight after our last sushi dinner before I move and like a dumbass when I got a little teary eyed I pulled up this song on the iPod and sat in my car and cried. I have been blessed with a handful of *very* good friends and I can only hope that they know how much they mean to me

Ryan E for being foolish with me and reminding me to not take myself too seriously and for being the most accepting person I have ever met.

Ryan G for always being so supportive, for keeping me sane when I've been going crazy and for feeling bad because he can't help me move because of a back injury (its okay Ryan, it really is).

Kalem for helping me to realize that no matter how rough life can be at any given moment that it can only get better and for showing me the light during a very difficult time in my life and for helping me out at the last minute to take an 800 mile road trip to help me move.

Marian for everything. For late night trips to LL Bean, for midnight runs to Denny's, for wandering car trips singing Rent and talking about how fucked up things can be some time.

Anyhow, back to the song lyrics, after I finished writing them out here I decided that it would be much more therapeutic to just go get my acoustic and sit in the garage and let myself cry.

Green Day - Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

No comments: