Sunday, December 7, 2008

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...

This is the third year that I can not listen to this song without getting teary-eyed. I know far too many people who are in Iraq and Afghanistan right now. My brother-in-law is currently on his third tour in Iraq, hence why I can't listen to this without getting teary-eyed. And I figure that if I'm going to put it in this context then I shoudl share it with everyone.

Right now there are thousands upon thousands of American men & women in Iraq and Afghanistan. These are men and women who have chosen to serve thier nation and for that I am eternally grateful. So as we go about celebrating our holiday take a moment to think about those who can't be home for the holidays this year and in years past.







Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

No comments: