Monday, December 3, 2007

First Day of Work

Today was my first day at my new job and of course as with any new job I was a bit apprehensive when I went in. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. I walked in to meet one of the guys going on shift with me sitting in the garage reading the news paper, we sat and bullshitted for a bit then the other medic on my unit came in and we bullshitted some more. My day was a routine of paperwork, boring training videos and more paperwork broken up by hanging out in the base joking around and ribbing on each other. It seems like there's a really good group of people that work there and they all joke around with each other and they all watch out for each other. I think this is going to be a really good place to work. We only went out on one call and the approach they take is different from mine, but I'm sure I'll settle in to a routine. I'm back tomorrow at 0600 for another 12 hours!

No comments: