Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blood Pressure

For the last few days I've been feeling a bit crappy. Everyone here smokes, in the garage no less, and thats where everyone congregates when we're not on calls or taking care of things around the base. I would walk up to my second floor apartment and feel winded, or I would be doing something physical and get tired and so I blamed it on the second hand smoke at work. But the other day I stood up from a squatted position after working on something and I felt lightheaded and faint so Just for kicks I got in the ambulance and grabbed the BP cuff on the LifePak and checked my pressure. I didn't believe it so I had one of my coworkers check it and he got the same results, then I checked it again a few times over the course of the day. I have been on blood pressure medications for nine years, after not feeling right one day I had a friend check it and my BP was 222/110, since then I've been on medication to control it without a whole lot of success.

I have moved back to the city I love, I have a great apartment and a new job with absolutely no stress whatsoever. My blood pressure is 112/53. I am sleeping better. I wake up with my alarm feeling refreshed. I'm happy, it's some crazy shit. I could get used to this.

No comments: