Monday, November 15, 2010

Dear John,

Our paths crossed at a bad time for both of us. I've thought of you often since then and I wish that things could have been different. I decided to look you up online tonight and saw a couple of photos- it looks like you're doing okay. You were going through a rough and troubled time back then and I worried that you might take a different, more terminal route. I'm glad to see that you made it through. You've grown since then yet you still look the same. You've still got that same smile and I would probably still recognize you on the street. You've changed since then and it looks like your life got brighter.

I want you to know that I'm sorry, but I don't regret it. What can I say? You were my first and I am still thankful for that. I'd love to say hello and just tell you that I'm glad you're doing well, but I don't want to intrude on the life that you have now and so I'll just write this note that you'll never read.


Be well,
~Matthew

No comments: