Friday, January 16, 2009

Subzero

At 0530 this morning we were called out and I just happened to look at the thermometer outside the base. -23 degrees Fahrenheit. Negative twenty three degrees. NEGATIVE twenty three motherfucking degrees.

I came off a 24 hour shift this morning only to pack up my gear and head to another base for another 10 hour shift but before I could go to the other base we had to get the Xterra started. I do not do a happy dance when I turn the key and hear rohr rohr rohr rohr click click click click click click. In fact I may have been seen beating my fists against the steering wheel while yelling fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFUCkFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK. *sigh* We managed to get the Xterra started and I drove it the 20 miles to the other base and left it running for a few hours.

Wonder if she'll start when it comes time to go home.

No comments: