Saturday, March 15, 2008

This is my ambulance...

Heh, I forgot that I had posted this in my myspace page until just now. I adapted this to fit EMS. Yeah, I know I'm a total whacker.

This is my ambulance. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My ambulance is my best friend. It is my life. I must master its tools as I must master my life.
My ambulance, without me, is useless. Without my ambulance, I am useless. I must steer my ambulance true.
I must care for my patient who is trying to die. I must treat him before he deteriorates.

My ambulance and myself know that what counts in this war is not the patients we see, the noise of our siren, nor the lights we flash.
We know that it is the compassion that counts.

My ambulance is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother.
I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its engine and its transmission.
I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage.
I will keep my ambulance clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God, I swear this creed. My ambulance and myself are the defenders of health.
We are the masters of trauma and malaise. We are the savers of life.

So be it, until health is America's and there is no enemy, but MRSA!

No comments: